Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas










It truly is the "most wonderful time of the year." I love the holiday season. This year with Thanksgiving being so late in the month, there was no time to waste. We started decorating right away and it always looks as if we are moving. I think my decorations multiply while they're in the closet.

A couple of the happenings in November were: Caleb entered a written essay in the literature catagory for the Reflections contest. He won a 2nd place ribbon and was thrilled. We had a great time at Wayne's parents for Thanksgiving. It was fun to get together and have a yummy dinner and remember the things we are thankful for.

I also volunteer on one of the Festival of Trees committees. It was so neat to be there when they turned on the lights. After you attend this event, it always makes me realize how blessed I am and how fortunate these individuals are who benefit from all the efforts donated through the Festival. This is definately a tradition I will continue for as long as I am able.

Happy Holidays! Only 14 more shopping days...I'm so close to being ready...HOORAY! Just the fun baking, and wrapping left.

3 comments:

Luckiest Girl.... said...

I've missed you...I feel like I have not seen you forever! I better see you before I leave.
I am glad you are staying busy this holiday season. What am I saying, you are always busy!
Much Love
Trina

Buckeye Nut said...

Too Fun!! I also went to Festival of Trees on Wed. I loved it. I haven't been in almost 8 years. I found my sisters in-laws family tree. Their boys were born premature and only weighed about a pound each. Primary Childrens became a second home to them. Also, when my nephew Jake was diagnosed with cancer Primary Childrens was wonderful. We couldn't have asked for a greater staff to help my our family through one of the worst experiences we've faced. Thanks for helping out :)

Colby and Dani said...

Only 14 more days left? Sigh. The holidays are so much more fun when you are prepared a bit earlier...!!