Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Day of School for only 1

I can hardly believe that I have only one to take a first day of school picture of this year.  Where in the world does the time go.  Caleb is starting 8th grade and was excited to be going back.  With the change of the schedule our year didn't start until after Labor Day which to be honest is how it should have been all along.  But, it's been a good summer and he has been able to go to Bear Lake with his grandparents, Scout camp and also Lake Powell.  Not too shabby if you ask me.  Stetson started college at Salt Lake Community and is doing well.  He has decided to go two semesters and his papers will be able to be completed and submitted for his mission after the first of the year.  He really wants to wait until Bridger gets home and I don't blame him.  He was made an Elder today by his dad and that was a great thing.  However, it really made me realize just how close he is to leaving, too.  Oh man, I do miss the days of them all being within walking distance.  But, we are so blessed to have such wonderful young men.  They all are so kind and responsible.



 A long day, and plum tuckered out.
 Pretty quiet around here most days.

Seems like we always take a first day of school picture of me, too.  One day I may need an updated photo.  This was almost the first day, and it's squinty and not very clear.  But, I hate being the subject so it's the best it will be,

I love this time of year.  The weather changes, sweaters come out of the closet and routines and schedules are back.  I do so much better with a schedule.  Perhaps I have a little ADHD.  Not sure, never been diagnosed but I need and do much better when I'm busy and organized.

In fact, I'm out on the patio typing and loving the cool breeze.  If forever had a season it would have to be Fall.  I've heard that somewhere.

Here's to a great 2012-13 year for all of us.

1 comment:

The Fife's said...

Cute! I am loving back to school and I as well love the routine and schedule.