Friday, July 20, 2012

They Did not Doubt


The Bountiful Handcart Days is big in this town.  Most everyone goes.  This year was a "Once in a Lifetime" event.  President Cory Hanks, a stake president in Centerville had a vision that he wanted to have a representation of the 2000+ Stripling Warriors from the Book of Mormon, lead by Helaman march in the parade.

This was a great undertaking and one that I think some thought couldn't happen.  Oh how wrong they were.  As I anxiously awaited for them to march down the street, you could hear them coming, like soft thunder that got louder as they marched 2000+ strong.  It took over 10 minutes to pass you.  I couldn't help but think my boys, all three of them would have been off to battle.  It was so touching.  

Thank you so much President Hanks for your vision and giving these boys an experience they will always remember.  I found myself opening the Book of Mormon and rereading the account of the army.  I love the line, that reads that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.  And they had been taught by their mothers.  I'm sure as they marched away, their mothers were as proud as I felt tonight as I watched my boy go down the street.  Truly A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

I often feel as if I have already sent one warrior off to battle in Honduras.  Armed with with faith and testimony and having being taught by his mother.  Oh how I hope I taught him correctly.  Sometimes that is a scripture that helps strenghten my faith, that if he will doubt not, God will deliver him.











2 comments:

Stevens said...

This looks like it was awesome!!! Glad got to participate. You have such awesome boys. I read Bridger's latest letter...got to be a mom's dream to come true to have such a stoked missionary!!

Tara said...

I am in tears just looking at the pictures. WOW! What a great experience to see and partipate in. I love Centerville. Gotta convince Maurice to move back NOW!