Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feliz Cumpleanos, Happy Birthday Bridger

Holy cow where does the time go. Twenty years came and went so quickly. I love this boy/man. Can I even say that. He will always be my little boy, but I can't hardly say that without tear filled eyes. Bridger is such a great son and missionary. We are truly blessed to have him as ours forever.

We received an email from Bridger on Monday, the day before his b-day and he had gotten his package. I had asked him if possible to wait to open his box until his actual b-day but I knew he probably wouldn't. Who could, right? When Tuesday came as I said my morning prayers I asked that somehow, someone would know it was his b-day and make it fun for him in some way.

After work I went to Parsons Bakery and picked up some brownies to light candles and have our own celebration for him. Not until Stetson came home and looked on Facebook what a fun tender mercy was waiting for us to see. I will not know the details until next email, but they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, and in this case, tears. My prayers were answered even more than I could have imagined. Here's the proof. Stetson's words were, "Mom, they must really love him!" I couldn't agree more. Enjoy...
Happy Birthday Pal! We love you and know you are loved as you serve your fellow brothers and sisters in Honduras. Here's to a wonderful 20th year.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are such a great mom and I pray my boys will be as righteous and fantastic as yours! Give me some "mom" tips!