Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pioneer Days

This past month as part of my calling our stake was involved in putting a float together for not one, but two parades.  We participated in the Salt Lake Youth Parade and the Bountiful Handcart Days Parade.  For any wondering, the SL Youth Parade is by far my favorite one.  It's about 6 blocks long and is not that crowded.  Only about 1 hour long, easy parking, all cute kids walking alongside their respective stake floats, bands, some awesome floats and early enough in the day it was not too hot.  It's, I think, a secret.  I'm definately going to this one next year to sit and watch.  We had a good time.  Our theme's float was Family Dinner, a Valuable Tradition.  We had pictures of families from our stake actually having dinner blown up and children carrying them or displayed on our float.  We had a family dressed in pioneer clothing having a dinner around a campfire and a modern family having almost the same dinner in a today setting.  I think it was great.  Thank you to those who supported us we couldn't have done it with out you and it was an experience I can hopefully check off of my bucket list...oh wait, it was never on my bucket list.  Anyway, love Pioneer Days.  Appreciate all they did for me to make my life easier as I am free to worship how I choose.  Love my calling and love the children and leaders of my stake.





No comments: