Sunday, April 26, 2009

Totally WICKED!!!


Last night I did something I have wanted to do for quite a long time. The production of WICKED is in Salt Lake. I wanted to get tickets but it was next to impossible. One day while sitting at the computer and browsing KSL.com, I spotted someone looking to trade one ticket as his wife was not able to attend. I quickly emailed him and asked if he wasn't able to trade, would he consider selling. He said he would do that, so for $80.00 I purchased one ticket. I was so excited, even if I would be going alone.

Wayne took me to dinner and then dropped me off at the front door, I went in found my seat and waited for the show to begin. I did sit by a really nice couple from Idaho Falls who were so kind and kept me company until it began. Can I just tell you, it didn't matter that I was by myself...it was AMAZING! I have heard and sung some of the songs from the production, but they take on a whole new meaning after you've seen the show.

I loved it. I'm now ready to go and stand in the "lottery" and try and go again. It was a great night, and when it was over, Wayne picked me up at the front door and drove me back home. I couldn't have asked for better vip service.

13 comments:

foxie4 said...

Im so glad you had fun and I am jealous!!

julie said...

I am so jealous that you got to go! We tried to get tickets, but were unlucky. I can relate to doing stuff like this alone. Cher is in Vega right now and I have always wanted to go..... so in two weeks I am spending 3 days in Vegas and I am going to see Cher..... all by myself...... But it will still be AWESOME!

Tammy said...

If you do the Lottery Kaylene and I totally want to come with you. We really want to see it.

Stevens said...

Love it!!! I went to stand in the lottery line yesterday. i'm just not a lucky person, I knew I wouldn't get it, but had to try. I'm so glad you were able to see it. We love listening to the soundtrack and having it all come back!!

The Fife's said...

I am so glad that you had fun.

Sharon said...

We actually saw it in New York and I wanted to see it in Salt Lake but we did not get tickets in time. I'm so glad you got to go. It was so amazing, huh?

Steph said...

What a fun night! I am so glad that you were able to go. I am still jealous!!!

Tammy said...

Wondering why I'm not getting any comments. So this is test comment.

Tammy said...

hey girl, i hope you get this. by the way I love your blog background! Go check out my blog I posted about Mary Higgins.

Tammy said...

My comment is not showing on your blog. I wonder where it is going?

Tammy said...

Not sure why I have to monitor all comments. I've never changed anything on my orginal layout. Very frustrating. Thanks for all the comments. I love you guys.

Luckiest Girl.... said...

I am glad you had fun @ Wicked. I hope one day I can see it!

The Schaefermeyer Family! said...

Oh I am so glad you got to see it, when Marc and I went to San Diego we drove up to LA to see this and it was SO worth it!! Ah, I would see it again in a heartbeat!! Didn't your heart just pound and she sang Defying Gravity?